Wednesday 15th August
Last night I was eating a Lindt ball when I felt something quite crunchy in my mouth – oops a crown had fallen out!!  Our first call will be a dentist tomorrow.
We drove to our next destination – Swan Hill.  We had visited here about 36 years ago during the summer and our memories are very scant. All I can recall is that it was very hot and we ate a meal containing yabbies at a docked paddle steamer called “The Gem”. We found out today this paddle steamer is no longer a restaurant but it hasn’t moved – I think it is just enjoying retirement.
I found a dentist and if I could bottle her and take her with me for the rest of my life I would.  She fixed my crown, found another filling which needed repair and ensured the whole experience was pain free – thankyou Christina!!  I might add when she came to invite me into her chair, I thought she may have been the nurse – she was so young for what was my perception of a dentist.
After settling in at the caravan park for the next five nights we were invited to listen to our near neighbours playing their guitar and mandolin at happy hour.  Although the weather was somewhat chilly, the atmosphere was warm, funny and memorable. After two red wines I was singing along as well!!